This recipe makes about 1.5 cups.
- 4 Large Eggs
- 3 tsp. Rice Vinegar
- 3 tsp. Wasabi Powder
- 6 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. Finely Chopped Red Onion
- 3 Tbsp. Finely Chopped Peeled Celery
- ¼ Cup Finely Chopped Peeled, Seeded Orange Bell Pepper
- To Taste Salt and Black Pepper
- Pierce the wide end (where the air sac is) of each egg with a thumbtack. Place the eggs in a small pot. Add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a gentle boil, remove from the heat. Let sit covered for 10 minutes and immediately remove and plunge in a large bowl with ice and water to stop the cooking.
- When cool, carefully peel the eggs. Cut in 2 directions using an egg slicer, place chopped egg in a bowl.
- Place the vinegar and wasabi powder together in a bowl. Stir until smooth. Add the mayonnaise and whisk smooth. Season aggressively to taste with salt and pepper. Add the chopped eggs and gently stir. Great served toasted bread with shredded lettuce. Enjoy!
Please visit Chef Jamie’s Facebook page.