This recipe makes one loaf.
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ Cup + 2 Tbsp. Warm Milk ( 5 oz.)
- ¼ Cup Warm Water
- ¾ tsp. Instant Yeast (use 1 ½ tsp. if using Dry Active)
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- Whisk together the first three dry ingredients together in a larger bowl. In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together the warm milk, water, yeast and sugar. Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and stir with a rubber scraper. Mix for about 8 minutes to develop gluten. Alternatively, mix with a stand mixer.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased loaf pan, cover, and let sit in a warm area for about 20 minutes or until about double in size. Meanwhile, pre- heat your oven to 350°f.
- When the dough has risen, bake the loaf in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the loaf when touched at the center springs back and or a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool for about 10 minutes and unmold. Slice, toast and butter as desired. Enjoy!
Please visit Chef Jamie’s Facebook page.