- ½ cup pecan halves or pieces
- 1 Tbsp. egg white, beaten until just foamy
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/8 Tsp. cayenne pepper
- 5 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 5 Tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
- 6 cups salad greens, washed and spin dried
- 2 apples, cored and sliced thinly
- 2 celery stalks, peeled and sliced thinly
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350-degrees Fahrenheit. Toss the pecans with the egg white, sugar and cayenne seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Lay out in one layer on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until toasted. Reserve.
Prepare dressing by whisking together the vinegar, honey, Dijon. Gradually pour in the oil while whisking, whisk until smooth. Season dressing to taste with salt and black pepper.
In a bowl, combine the lettuce, celery and apple slices. Add enough dressing to coat and toss well. Divide greens on four plates and garnish with an equal amount of the toasted pecans. Enjoy!