- 1/2 Lb. Fregola-toasted Italian pasta (can substitute any favorite pasta)
- 1/2 Gallon salted water for boiling pasta
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Cup onions-sliced thinly
- 6 Garlic cloves-sliced thinly
- 1 Bunch broccoli rabe-cut into 2” pieces
- 1 Cup chicken broth or water
- ½ Cup canned white beans (Cannellini) - drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Preparation (Serves 4)
- Bring the salted water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook stirring until your desired tenderness.
- While pasta is boiling, heat a saute pan on high heat. Add the olive oil and onions. Cook for about 2 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic, cook 30 seconds. Add the broccoli rabe and chicken broth. Cover and steam for about 3 minutes or until the broccoli rabe is tender. Add the white beans to the pan and add the cooked, drained fregola. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss well to evenly coat and serve. Enjoy!
• Lincoln Culinary Institute’s Website: www.lincolnculinary.edu