- 1 Lb. Baby Potatoes-red, fingerling, baby yukon gold, etc.
- ¼ Cup White Wine Vinegar or Champagne Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- ½ Cup Canola Oil
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Red Onions or Shallots-very finely chopped
- ½ Cup Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley-chopped
- 4 Tbsp. Fresh Herbs-chives, tarragon, etc.
- Salt and Black Pepper
Place the potatoes in a pot, add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a full boil , then turn down to a moderate boil and let cook for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender, but not mushy. Drain carefully and lay out on a cookie sheet, spreading out in a single layer to cool to room temperature. Peel if desired and slice in about ¼” thick slices. Place in a bowl.
Prepare the dressing by whisking the vinegar and mustard together. While whisking, gradually drizzle in the oils, whisking until smooth. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Toss the potatoes with the dressing, adding the fresh herbs. Season salad to taste with salt and black pepper. A great summer side dish with grilled food of the season. Makes one pound plus.