For the Lemonade Concentrate
1 ½ cups water
1 ½ cups sugar
1 ½ cups fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Place the water in a pot, bring to a boil and stir in the sugar.
- Stir in the fresh lemon juice and chill.
- This lemonade concentrate can sealed well and be stored in the refrigerator or frozen.
- It needs to be diluted each time you want to make fresh lemonade.
To Dilute for Classic Fresh Lemonade
1 cup lemonade concentrate-recipe above
3 cups cold water, mineral water, or soda water
- Combine the concentrate and cold water.
- Shake thoroughly and pour into ice filled glasses.
- Garnish with a thin slice of lemon.
For Raspberry Lemonade
- Stir in 3/4 cup of thawed frozen sweetened raspberries into the classic fresh lemonade recipe just above.
- Garnish with a few fresh raspberries and lemon.
For Basil Lemonade
- Add 1 Cup fresh basil leaves to the hot sugar syrup recipe at the top and let steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain out and finish the concentrate by adding the lemon juice.
- Dilute this syrup as directed above for the classic fresh lemonade.
- Garnish with a fresh basil sprig and lemon.