Ingredients (Makes 6 to 8 pancakes)
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 Egg-large
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Potato Puree- (boil whole sweet potato, peel, mash)
- Measure the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl large enough to accommodate the other ingredients. Whisk until combined or sift if necessary.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, milk, oil and sweet potato puree until smooth.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk just until barely smooth.
- Check the consistency of the batter. Place a tablespoon of the batter on the griddle and see if it properly spreads out and sets a pancake. If too thick, add 1 tablespoon of water or milk at a time until correct.
- Cook on a preheated 350 ºF , greased griddle for about 3 minutes on a side or until done. Great served with maple syrup, cinnamon whipped cream. Enjoy!
Lincoln Culinary Institute’s Website: www.lincolnculinary.com.