Green Goddess Salad:
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 2 large beets, cooked for 1 hour in simmering water. Cooled, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup goat cheese
- 1 cup toasted walnut halves
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup dressing
- Place all ingredients in a salad bowl and toss well.
Green Goddess Dressing:
- 1 cup mixed fresh herbs (parsley, chives, scallions, dill, and oregano) washed well
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 cups sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place in herbs, vinegar and oil in the beaker of a blender.
- Turn on high and puree well about 45 seconds to 1 minute. The mixture should be bright green.
- Next add the honey and sour cream and turn on high to incorporate well.
- Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.