- 1 Sheet of puff pastry - thawed
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Basil leaves-cut into little strips or torn
- 1 Garlic clove-sliced thinly
- 2-3 Green tomatoes-cored, sliced thinly
- As needed salt, black pepper and extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
- Lay the sheet of cold, thawed pastry on the counter. Using a sharp knife, cut out a 9” circle using an inverted pie pan. Place this circle on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Dock the dough by pricking the inside surface of the cut out round with a fork many times. Do not dock the outer 1” of the dough.
- Drizzle the docked part of the dough with the olive oil, basil and garlic. evenly. Spread the grated cheese over the docked part of the dough, leaving about ½” border all around not covered with cheese.
- Carefully arrange the sliced green tomatoes in circles, with each slightly overlapping the previous. Do at least 3 circles starting with the outer circles first.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes with salt, black pepper and a drizzle of more olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for about 20+ minutes or until puffed, golden and the tomatoes are tender.
Lincoln Culinary Institute’s Website: www.lincolnculinary.com