- 6 ear of corn, shucked and grilled on high until brown and nicely charred
- ¼ cup red onion, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 fresh tomatoes. Remove the core and chop into ½-inch cubes
- ¼ cup thinly sliced basil
- ½ cup chopped kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Cut the kernel off the cob and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the diced onion, minced garlic, chopped tomato, sliced basil and chopped kalamata olives.
- Mix in the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and black pepper. Taste and adjust with salt if necessary
- Serve with grilled shrimp, chicken, or fish.
- Make about 1 quart.