This recipe serves four.
- 1 Eggplant-peeled, sliced ½” thick
- 1 Onion-peeled, sliced ½” thick
- 1 Poblano Chile Pepper-quartered, seeds and white rib removed
- ½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Fresh Basil Leaves-cut into little strips or torn into pieces
- ½ Cup Cooked Sweet Corn Kernels
- 1 ¼ Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat grill on high heat. Lay out the eggplant, onion and bell peppers and brush both sides with the first measure of olive oil. Place eggplant, onions, and peppers on the grill and cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until softened and a grill mark has established. Remove from the grill and let cool slightly. Chop into ¾” pieces, and toss in a bowl with the corn and basil, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Place in a shallow , greased baking dish so the mixture is 1-2” in depth.
- In a bowl, toss together the bread crumbs with the second measure of olive oil as needed. Spread an even layer of the crumbs over the grilled vegetable mixture and bake in 350ºf oven until the top is an even golden brown and the vegetables are hot. Enjoy!