- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves-chopped and mashed into a paste
- 8 Bread Slices
- 8 Provalone Cheese Slices
- ½ Cup Roasted Red Peppers
- 2 Cups Broccoli Rabe-(measured raw), steamed until tender, cooled, excess water squeezed out
- Salt and Black Pepper
Combine the olive oil and garlic, whisk until smooth. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Preheat griddle to 350°f, or a sauté pan on medium heat. Lay out the bread slices and brush one side with the olive oil and garlic mixture. Flip each over and lay a slice of cheese on each. On half of the slices lay down a even layer of the roasted peppers and cooked broccoli rabe. Top with the second slice of bread. Press on firmly to compact the texture.
Griddle for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden and the cheese is melted. Cut crosswise in half and serve with your favorite salad.