Skillet Sage Corn Casserole
- 1 (15oz.) can creamed sweet corn
- 1 (15oz.) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 8oz. package creme fraiche
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3 Tbsp. fresh sage, julienned
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix creamed corn, whole kernel corn, and creme fraiche together with a spatula. Add two beaten eggs and honey and stir to incorporate.
3. Add dry ingredients and gently incorporate. Fold in sage.
4. Grease a 12" cast iron skillet with butter. Pour in corn casserole. Bake in oven for 50-55 minutes until golden brown.
5. Garnish with fresh sage. Serve warm.
*You can also use a 9x11" glass baking pan in place of a cast iron skillet, though the skillet adds a nice crust and looks beautiful on the table.
*Because the casserole is creamy, it will never fully set in the middle. Therefore, sticking a toothpick in the center to see if it's fully cooked isn't the best method. Know your oven and adjust the cooking time, if necessary.