This recipe makes 6-8 portions.
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups of ham, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- ½ English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup of celery, diced
- 1 cup of mini mozzarella balls or diced mozzarella
- 3/4 cup of your favorite Italian dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 romaine heart, chopped and washed
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Combine in a large mixing bowl the black beans, diced ham, diced red pepper, diced tomato, diced cucumber, diced celery and mozzarella.
- Pour in the dressing and mix well.
- Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Place chopped romaine onto a platter and top with the ham salad.
- Garnish with the grated parmesan