For the sriracha mayonnaise:
- 1 Egg-place in warm water for 5 minutes to come to room temperature
- 2 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 Cup Canola Oil
- To Taste Sriracha or any favorite hot sauce, or omit
- Using the bowl of a small food processor add the egg, vinegar and salt. Place top on and turn machine on to whip. With the machine running, gradually and very slowly drizzle in the oil until all the oil is added. Add the Sriracha to taste, fully mix in. Transfer to a container and chill promptly. Reserve for recipe below.
For the sandwich:
- 4 Large Slices of Country or French Bread-toasted
- ¼ Cup Sriracha Mayonnaise-from recipe above
- 1 Cup Finely Shredded Lettuce
- 2 Hard Cooked Eggs-peeled and sliced
- To Taste Salt and Black Pepper
- Lay out the toasted bread on each of four serving plates. Divide the mayonnaise among the 4 bread slices and spread evenly. Divide the lettuce evenly among the sandwiches. Top each sandwich with 1 hard cooked egg, shingling or fanning out the slices to cover the sandwich. Enjoy!
Please visit Chef Jamie’s Facebook page.