- 4 Yellow or White Corn Tortillas- each cut into 6 equal wedges
- Vegetable Oil as Needed for Frying
- Fine Ground Sea Salt for seasoning
Heat a wide, deep pot with about 2” depth of vegetable oil to 360 degrees. Add your tortilla chips or rounds in small batches to cook evenly. When a light golden color, remove and drain on paper towels.While still hot, season evenly with the salt. Lay out evenly on a cookie sheet to make nachos.
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese-any favorite (Jack, Cheddar, Mozzarella, etc)
- Heirloom Tomato Slices-cut into pie shape to fit nacho
- Jalapeno Pepper Slices-optional
Top each chip with a small pile of the shredded cheese. Bake in a hot oven until cheese melts. Garnish each chip with a tomato wedge and a thin slice of chile pepper. Serve with sour cream, cilantro, and lime wedges.