Heirloom Tomato Sandwich
- 2 slices brioche, buttered
- 3 tablespoons “mason jar mayo” (see sub below)
- 1 medium-sized local heirloom tomato, cored and sliced to ¼-inch
- 3 leaves of fresh basil, torn
- 1 tablespoon shelled sunflower seeds, roasted and salted
- Griddle bread to golden brown in pan stovetop or in oven broiler.
- Smear both pieces of bread equally with mayo. Add sliced tomato, torn basil and sunflower seeds
Mason Jar Mayo
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon smooth dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon, cider vinegar
- 1 c vegetable oil
- Add all ingredients into a wide-mouth mason jar and insert immersion hand blender.
- Start blender when it’s touching the bottom of the jar and slowly rise to the top of ingredients once thick white mayo develops on bottom.