1 lb. Pork Loin or Tenderloin-sliced and pounded out thin: to less than ¼”
½ cup All Purpose Flour
Eggs-beaten with 2 Tbsp. Milk or Water for egg wash
1 cup Bread Crumbs-seasoned to your liking
½ cup Vegetable Oil for Frying
4 Bacon Slices-cut ½” pieces
½ cup Onion-chopped
¼ cup Celery-chopped
¼ cup Green Bell Pepper-chopped
¼ cup Mushrooms-sliced
2 cups Green Cabbage-shredded
Salt and Black Pepper To Taste
Your Favorite Sandwich Rolls or Buns-toasted lightly
- Dredge the pork slices in the flour, shaking off the excess. Dip in the egg wash, dripping off excess. Press each piece of pork into the bread crumbs, pressing down on each to adhere bread crumbs to both sides. Shake off excess crumbs.
- Heat a saute pan on medium heat. Add the vegetable oil and gently pan fry a few pork pieces at a time. The pork should take about 1 minute on each side to brown and thus allow the pork to cook through. Drain on paper towels and check for doneness. If not cooked through, finish by baking in a 350ºf oven for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the fried cabbage by frying the chopped bacon until nearly crisp. Add the onion, celery, pepper and mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes stirring. Add the cabbage, cover and let steam for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To assemble sandwiches, top each bun with some of the cabbage, top with cooked crispy pork and place the bun top on.
- Enjoy and Happy Superbowl!