What to do with leftover, grilled, pork tenderloins?
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups sliced onion
- 2 cups carrots cut into ½ inch strips
- 2 cups celery cut into ½ inch strips
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 cups cooked brocoli florets
- 1 cup leftover pork tenderloin cut into ½ inch strips
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons corn starch mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat then add the onions. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Then add the carrots and celery and continue cooking for 2-3 more minutes. Now add the garlic, brocoli, pork, chili flakes, and sesame seeds mixing well. Pour in the chicken broth, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and sesame oil. Bring to a simmer then stir in the corn starch-water slurry to thicken. Serve over steamed rice.
Makes 4-6 portions.