- 6-8 chicken thighs
- 1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon unsalted organic butter
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons capers
- Fresh parsley or rosemary for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Heat an oven safe pan or braising pan over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add olive oil in the pan and let it get very hot. Add chicken skin side down and cook for about 5 minutes or until skin turns nice and brown. Turn over chicken using tongs.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes. Using a pot holder or towel, remove pan from oven and place on stove over a medium heat. Add in a little more olive oil then add in shallots and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Take one lemon and cut into thin slices then add into the pan. Add in butter and let melt then pour in chicken broth. Cover and reduce to a medium-low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add capers and fresh herbs then serve!