This recipe serves 10 to 12 or more if part of a picnic menu with other side dishes.
- 1 (1- to 1-1/2-pound) boneless pork tenderloin
- 1 pound pasta
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup chopped pitted olives, either black, Kalamata or pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1 (19-ounce) can chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Season the pork tenderloin with your favorite marinade or spice rub.
- Grill on all sides until nicely browned and center of tenderloin reaches 145 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Let it rest for at least 5 minutes, then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of kosher salt and the pasta. Cook until pasta is al dente. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine onion, olives, chick peas, artichoke hearts, red peppers and parsley. Add pork and pasta.
- Put oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a 2-cup measuring cup or a jar with a lid. Whisk or shake until dressing ingredients are blended. Pour over pasta salad, and toss until salad
- ingredients are coated with dressing.
- Place into a serving bowl.