For Eggplant Dip:
- 2 Eggplant
- 1/2 Cup Tahini- (Sesame Paste) or Substitute Peanut Butter
- 2 tsp. Garlic-mashed into a paste
- 2 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin-toasted
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Coriander-toasted
- To Taste Fine Sea Salt, Black Pepper, and Cayenne Pepper
- As Needed Olive Oil
- Remove stems, and split eggplant in half lengthwise. Place cut side down on an oiled baking sheet. Poke holes through the skin of the eggplant all over to allow steam to escape while roasting. Lightly coat outside of skin with oil. Roast in a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until very softened.
- Flip eggplant over and allow to cool. Scoop out the flesh of the eggplant from the skin without too many of the seeds. Purée in food processor, and place in bowl. Flavor with remaining ingredients. Serve as a spread or a dip.
For Crispy Pita Chips:
- 3 ea. Pita Bread Rounds-each cut into 10 wedges
- 3/4 C. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Fine Sea Salt and Black Pepper To taste
- Place pita wedges on sheetpan. Brush the pita wedges lightly with the oil on both sides, season the tops with salt and pepper. Bake in 400 degree oven for about 8 minutes until golden and slightly crisp. Serve with Middle-Eastern dips.
Lincoln Culinary Institute’s Website: www.lincolnculinary.com