This recipe makes about 24 fritters.
- 1 cup chick pea flour (Besan)
- ¼ Tsp. baking powder
- ¼ Tsp. ground cumin, toasted
- ¼ Tsp. ground coriander, toasted
- ½ Tsp. salt
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, chopped into ½-inch pieces
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots, shredded finely
- Canola oil, as needed, for deep frying
- Sift the chick pea flour, baking powder, cumin, coriander and salt into a large bowl. Gradually add the water while whisking. If the batter is too thick, add more water, a teaspoonful at a time. The consistency should be a little bit thinner than a pancake batter.
- Stir in the chopped vegetables, mixing to evenly coat.
- Heat the canola oil in a deep fryer or pot until 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a deep fry thermometer to test.
- Add the batter into the oil by tablespoons. Fry only six at a time to avoid cooling down the oil too much and absorbing oil. The fritters will float.
- Flip over, carefully splashing away, and cook the other side to a golden color. Drain on paper towels and serve. Enjoy!