This recipe serves four.
- ¼ cup native strawberries, diced ¼-inch
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups salad greens, spring mix, arugula and romaine, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup native strawberries, cut into wedges
- ½ cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 4 grilled chicken breasts, cooked until 165-dgrees Fahrenheit, sliced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the first measure of strawberries and sugar. Toss well and let sit for 10 minutes to allow the juices to come out of the berries.
- To the same bowl, add the white balsamic vinegar and gradually drizzle in the olive oil while whisking.
- Season dressing to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Combine the salad greens, second measure of berries and cucumber. Toss with enough of the dressing to coat lightly.
- Divide among four plates and garnish top with the grilled chicken. Enjoy!