This recipe serves four.
- 2 Tbsp. White balsamic vinegar
- 6 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tsp. Fresh garlic, mashed to a paste
- 2 Cups Native tomatoes, diced into ½-inch pieces
- ¾ Cup Cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 Cup French bread croutons, ¾-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. Red onions, very finely chopped
- 8 Fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- To taste, salt and black pepper
- Prepare a salad dressing by combining the vinegar, olive oil and garlic in a shaker bottle. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Shake very well to combine. Reserve.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, croutons, red onions and basil. Add the salad dressing and toss to coat evenly. Let salad marinate for at least 15 minutes before serving. Check flavor and season with more salt and pepper if necessary.