Makes enough for 4
- 1/2 lb. orzo pasta, boiled until tender in salted water, drained
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups red onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Heat a sauté pan on medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and the onions. Cook, stirring for about 2 minutes until softened and slightly golden brown. Add the garlic, and cook 30 seconds, but do not brown.
Add the spinach and toss thoroughly to wilt the greens. When almost wilted, add the hot pasta and feta cheese and toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper if necessary. Enjoy!