This recipe serves four.
- 2 to 3 pounds of mixed radishes, with the greens still attached
- Good quality butter
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 2 to 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 shallot, sliced
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups of mixed radish greens, cleaned from radishes
- 1/c cup toasted pepita seeds
- ¾ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 ½ t. kosher salt
- 1 T. red wine vinegar
- Wash, rinse and dry the radishes and greens. Cut radishes away from greens, leaving about a half-inch of green at the top of the radish.
- Quarter the radishes lengthwise.
- Heat a medium-size saute pan on the oven. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the butter to the pan. When the butter melts and foams, add the thyme sprigs, garlic and shallots, and sweat for two to three minutes.
- Squeeze half of the lemon into the pan,
- Add radishes and saute for five to eight minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast for an additional 10 minutes, until the radishes are tender.
- In a blender, add the following in order: olive oil, vinegar, greens, garlic, pepitas, salt, and pepper.
- Start the blender on the lowest setting and gradually increase the speed to the maximum speed. Blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Cut Burrata cheese in half and place it curd-side up on the plate. Scatter the roasted radishes on top of the cheese.
- Drizzle with pistou.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh radish greens and pepitas.