- 4 cans of beans, drained and rinsed. We used red, pink, white and pigeon peas
- 1 ripe avocado, cut in half, pitted, scooped and diced
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup of diced celery
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- I bunch cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup of lime juice
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 4-6 dashes of hot sauce
- Place beans, chopped avocado, chopped tomato, diced celery, minced garlic and chopped cilantro in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in the lime juice and olive oil, followed by the kosher salt, honey and hot sauce. Mix well.
- Taste and adjust seasonings with salt, honey and hot sauce as necessary.