This recipe makes four to six servings.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup of onion, chopped
- 1 chorizo sausage, chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 each red pepper chopped
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup white wine
- 1.5 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound broccoli, chopped
- 1 pound cooked pasta (we used Barilla – Campanelle)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ - 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- Heat oil in a large pan and add the onion. Cook for three to five minutes or until lightly browned.
- Next add the chopped chorizo and stir in well. Then add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Toss in the chopped peppers, chili pepper and kosher salt and stir in well. Cook, stirring often for two to three minutes over medium heat.
- Pour in the wine and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Add the chopped broccoli and cook for two minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toss in the cooked pasta and stir to coat well. Simmer with the pasta for a minute or so to reduce the sauce a little and heat the pasta thoroughly.
- To finish, stir in the butter and cheese and transfer to pasta bowls.