- 3 Tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Onion-medium size-diced very small
- 4 Garlic Cloves-peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 ¼ Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 ½ Cups Fresh Basil Leaves-gently packed
- ½ Cup Fresh Italian Parsley Leaves-gently packed
- ¾ Lb. Pasta-any favorite-cooked in boiling salted water until tender, drained, but not rinsed
- ½ Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- To Taste Salt and Black Pepper
- To make the sauce, heat a deep, medium size, heavy bottom saucepan on medium heat. Add the olive oil and onions. Cook for about 3 minutes or until soft but not browned. Add the garlic and cook stirring for only 30 seconds. Do not brown. Add the heavy cream and bring up to a boil. Boil for about 2 minutes or until about 1 cup of the cream remains. Add the basil and parsley and cook for 30 seconds just to wilt.
- Transfer the sauce to a blender and carefully blend to puree the basil and parsley. Add the sauce back to the pot and add the freshly cooked, hot pasta. Toss the pasta with the Parmesan cheese and sauce. Serve immediately garnished with more grated Parmesan and a basil leaf. Enjoy!
Lincoln Culinary Institute’s Website: www.lincolnculinary.com