This recipe serves four people.
- 3 cups tomatoes, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 12garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ Lb. penne pasta, boiled in salted water until barely tender, drained
- ½ Lb. shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into little strips or torn into pieces
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- To taste, salt and black pepper
- As needed, extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss the tomatoes and garlic with the olive oil, sprinkling lightly with salt. Arrange tomatoes and garlic in a single layer on a baking sheet, with the cut side of the tomatoes facing up. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until very softened.
- In a bowl, toss together the hot pasta, mozzarella, basil, Parmesan, and the roasted tomato/garlic mixture. Season pasta to taste with salt and pepper and moisten with more olive oil as needed. Serve and enjoy!