1 lb. Dry Pasta-any favorite shape
1 gallon Salted Water for boiling pasta
4 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 lb. Sweet or Hot Italian Sausage-removed from casing, ¾” pieces
1 cup Onions-sliced thinly
Garlic Cloves-sliced thinly
4 cups Wild Garlic Mustard Greens-leaves only, can sub other greens
1 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
- Bring the salted water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook stirring until your desired tenderness.
- While pasta is boiling, heat a saute pan on high heat. Add the olive oil and sausage.
- Cook stirring until the sausage is cooked.
- Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon and in the same pan, add the onions and garlic.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic mustard greens, cook just until wilted. Return the sausage to the pan and add the cooked, drained pasta.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.