This recipe serves four.
- ½ Lb. Penne Pasta
- ½ Lb. Fresh Green Beans-ends trimmed, cut into ½” pieces
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Sweet Onion-sliced thinly
- 4 Garlic Cloves-sliced thinly
- 1 Bell Pepper-cut into cubes
- ½ Pint Cherry Tomatoes-sliced in half
- To Taste Salt, Black Pepper and Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a full boil and season with salt generously. Boil the pasta according to directions on the package. About 2 minutes before pasta is ready, add the green beans to the pasta water to cook the beans while the pasta is finishing.
- In a separate pan over medium high heat, add the olive oil and onions. Cook for about 2 minutes or until softened and very slightly golden at edges. Add the garlic and bell peppers, cook 30 seconds. Drain the pasta and add to the saute pan. Toss in the cherry tomatoes and just heat through. Season to taste with salt, black pepper and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Please visit Chef Jamie’s Facebook page.