- 2 Cups Red Wine-any favorite
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 2 Pears-peeled, sliced in half lengthwise, cored
- 4 Cups Salad Greens-any favorite-washed, spin dried
- ¼ Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1 Cup Any Favorite Salad Vegetables-carrots, cucumbers, celery
- 2 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Reduced Poached Pear Liquid
- 4 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- To Taste Salt and Black Pepper
- In a small saucepan bring the red wine and sugar to a boil. Add the prepared pears and submerge by placing a small plate that fits inside the pot over the pears to keep them from floating to the top. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook just until barely tender. Carefully lift out the pears and cool the liquid down. Store the pears in the liquid before preparing the salad and dressing.
- Remove the pears and slice to present with the salad. Cook the remaining liquid in a pot until boiling. Reduce down just until a slight syrupy consistency is reached. Cool.
- Make the dresssing by whisking the vinegar with the reduced poaching liquid. Gradually whisk in the canola oil. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Place the salad greens along with any salad vegetables. Add enough dressing to coat the greens, toss and divide onto 4 plates. Garnish each with red wine poached pears and blue cheese.
Please Visit Chef Jamie’s Facebook Page