- 3-cup apple juice
- 2-cup red wine
- 1-cup sugar
- 2-Cinnamon sticks
- 2- teaspoons nutmeg
- 2- teaspoons cloves
- 1-orange zested
- Wash and peel pear.
- Add all ingredients together in a pot and bring to a simmer ( 170 Degrees)
- Add pears and simmer for 40 min.
- 2 oz. powered sugar
- 4 oz. butter (cut in cubes)
- 6 oz. all-purpose Flour
- Combined all ingredients until they form a dough.
- With a rolling pin roll out dough on well-floured bench.
- You can use 8 3-inch tart pans.
- After the tart dough is in the shell make our favorite cake recipe and fill the tarts 1/2 way with the cake batter.
- Cut the pouched pear in four then fan out each piece and place one on top of the cake batter.
- Place in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes.