- 1 Each Cucumber-peeled, cored, diced ½”
- ¼ Cup Red Onion-cut in half crosswise and sliced very thinly
- 2 Tbsp. White Balsamic Vinegar, or Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 Each Chicken Breasts-boneless, skinless pounded thin
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Zest from 1 Lemon- reserve juice for salad
- 4 Tbsp. Fresh Basil-torn into ½” pieces
- 1 Cup Orzo Pasta-boiled in salted water until tender, drained, cooled
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- To Taste Salt and Black Pepper
- As Needed Salad Garnishes-black olives, crumbled feta cheese, etc.
- Place the cucumber and red onion each in their own small bowl. Sprinkle each with a few generous pinches of kosher salt, toss well and let sit for about 10 minutes to wilt and soften. Rinse the salt off , drain, pat dry and divide the vinegar over each, tossing to coat. Let speed pickle for about 15 minutes.
- Heat grill on high heat. Lightly coat thinly poundedchicken breasts with the first measure of olive oil, and the lemon zest. Grill chicken for about 2 minutes on each side or until interior is white and juices run clear. Season the chicken to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Combine the cucumbers, red onions, basil, cooked orzo pasta, lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Toss to evenly coat, seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Present the salad on plates and top with the grilled chicken. Enjoy!