This recipe serves four.
- ½ Lb. Elbow Macaroni
- 1 ½ Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 ¼ Cup Shredded White Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Cups Wild Garlic Mustard Green Leaves-gently packed, or sub arugula
- 1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- To Taste Salt and Black Pepper
- Cook the macaroni according to in 2 quarts of boiling salted water. Drain, but do not rinse.
- In the same pan the macaroni was cooked in, bring the heavy cream to a full boil.
- Add the cooked macaroni and continue to boil the cream. As the mixture starts to lightly thicken, start gradually adding the cheese, stirring. Continue until all the cheese has been added. Finish by adding the greens and stirring in to wilt. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 375°f.
- Transfer into a greased 8x8 baking dish. Combine the panko bread crumbs with the olive oil, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Toss to evenly coat the bread crumbs. Top the macaroni with the bread crumb mixture spreading evenly over the top. Bake in the oven uncovered for about 20 minutes or until the edges of the macaroni get a little crisp and the topping is evenly deep golden brown. Enjoy!
Please Visit Chef Jamie’s Facebook page.