This recipe makes about two quarts.
- 1 12-ounce box of white quinoa
- ½ cup olive oil
- Juice of three lemons
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced small
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 to 6 dashes of hot sauce
- Bring three quarts of water to a boil and add the quinoa.
- Let it simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until it is soft and seeds pop open, then strain into a fine mesh strainer.
- Mix in the olive oil and lemon juice. Then add the diced plum tomato, minced red onion and chopped parsley.
- Mix well and season with salt and hot sauce. Serve warm or cold.