- 2 Cups Peeled, Finely Grated Potatoes
- 1 Egg-beaten
- ¼ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp. Onions-very finely cut
- 1 ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil-approximately
- Squeeze out as much liquid as possible from the grated potatoes by using a potato ricer, or placing in a colander and pressing out excess liquid.
- Place potatoes in a bowl and add the egg, flour, onions, and salt. Mix until combined. Heat the oil in a frypan on medium heat.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls into the hot oil, flatten slightly if necessary. Brown on both sides, approximately 2-3 minutes each side.
- Drain on a rack or paper towels. Great served with sour cream or softened butter. Enjoy!