- 3 cups cubed butternut squash, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup diced baking apples, granny smith, golden delicious, etc.
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh herbs, rosemary, thyme, sage or mix
- 1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
- Combine the cubed squash and apples in a large bowl. Drizzle them with canola oil and sprinkle on the sugar and herbs. Toss well to evenly coat the squash and apples.
- Lay the mixture out in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the squash is barely tender.
- Transfer the squash and apples into a greased casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine the bread crumbs with the melted butter, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lay an even mixture of bread crumbs over the roasted squash. Refrigerate until needed or place in the 400-degree oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the squash and apples are hot and the topping is evenly golden brown. Enjoy!
Lincoln Culinary Institute’s Website: www.lincolnculinary.com