This recipe serves four.
- 3 Tbsp. Canola oil
- 1 ½ cups onions, small diced
- ¾ cup carrots, small diced
- 2 Tsp. Chipotle pepper puree
- 2 cups mashed cooked pumpkin
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen thawed or canned drained
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinses
- ¼ cup rough chopped cilantro
- To taste salt, black pepper, sugar and more chipotle
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottom soup pot. Add the onions and carrots. Cook for about 3 minutes or unit softened.
- Add the pepper puree if desired and cook 30 seconds. Add the pumpkin and broth. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Puree with a hand immersion blender until desired consistency. If the soup is too thick for your liking, add more broth or water. If the soup is too thin for your liking, return soup to a boil and let reduce until thickened more.
- Add the corn, beans, cilantro and season to taste with salt, pepper, sugar and more chipotle if desired. Great served with corn tortilla chips. Enjoy!