This recipe serves four.
- 1 fresh fennel bulb, cut in quarters, cored, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- 2 oranges, skin removed, segmented, juice rest of orange for dressing
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ Cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh shaved parmesan to garnish
- Place the fennel, oranges and onions in a salad bowl.
- To make the dressing, whisk together in small bowl the orange juice, vinegar and the mustard. While whisking, gradually add the olive oil and whisk until smooth. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- To serve, toss the dressing with bowl of fennel and garnishes. Divide on four salad plates and garnish with fresh shaved parmesan, a grind of black pepper, etc.