- 4 Chicken breasts - boneless, skinless, pounded thin
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour - seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 Cup apples - diced small
- 2 Tbsp. shallots - minced
- 1 Tbsp. Jalapeño peppers - seeded, finely minced
- 1/4 Cup chicken broth
- 1/4 Cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat saute pan over medium-high heat. Dredge chicken breasts in the flour, shaking off excess. Add olive oil to pan and add chicken breasts. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, only lightly browning. Remove from pan.
- In same pan over medium heat, add the apples and cook stirring for about 1 minute. Add the shallots and jalapenos, cook for about 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the chicken the chicken broth, raise heat to high and boil down until less than 1/3 of the broth remains. Stir in the maple syrup and balsamic vinegar. Season the sauce to taste with salt and black pepper. Return chicken breasts to pan, coating with the sauce gently simmering to re heat. Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!
Lincoln Culinary Institute: www.lincolnculinary.com