- 4 Tuna Steaks-1” thick, patted dry, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- 2 Cups Shredded or Sliced Cucumber
- ½ Cup Red Onion-thinly sliced
- ¼ Cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 tsp. Pickled Ginger-finely chopped
- To Taste Salt and Black Pepper
Heat a saute pan on medium high heat. Add canola oil and tuna steaks. Sear very well on all sides. At this point the tuna will be a rare doneness. If more well cooked is desired, lower the heat and continue turning to cook more thoroughly.
Prepare the salad by combining the cucumber, onion, vinegar, and ginger, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Divide the salad among four dinner plates and top with the tuna. Makes four.