- 2 lbs. Shrimp, peeled and devined (size 21/25)
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 Tsp. black mustard seeds
- 1 Tsp. ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 8 leaves curry Leaves
- 1 large red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ Tsp. Green chili, serrano–stemmed and finely chopped
- 2 pieces Kashmiri whole red chili
- ¼ Tsp. Hing (Asafoetida)
- 1/2 Tsp. turmeric
- Salt, to taste
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 Tsp. Lemon Juice
- In a mixing bowl, rub in 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of turmeric and a pinch of salt to the shrimp and set aside for five minutes.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan, add mustard seeds and while they splatter add ginger, curry leaves, onion, red chilies, green chilies and hing and cook until soft and translucent, about five minutes.
- Add turmeric and salt, sauté for a minute.
- Now add shrimp and 2 cups of coconut milk and bring to boil and stir in 1 teaspoon lemon juice and remove from heat.
- Best eaten with steamed rice.