We are still in spring salad mode this week. Nothing is more refreshing and satisfying then a crunchy salad with some grilled shrimp, roasted chicken or even some diced ham for a complete meal.
- 1 romaine heart, cut into 1-inch pieces, washed and spun dry
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped into ¾-inch pieces
- 1 English cucumber, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- ½ cup chopped ham or spicy salami
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
Place the chopped romaine, chopped plum tomatoes, cubed cucumber, ham, red onion and crumbled feta cheese in a large salad bowl and toss well. Then mix with the dressing and divide onto four salad plates. Serve extra dressing on the side.
Makes four generous side salads or two dinner portions.