2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cups mushrooms, chopped
1 cup green bell pepper, seeded, chopped
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 cups spinach, loosely packed, chopped
1 lb. 2% cottage cheese
2 cups (plus ½ cup) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
¼ tsp. salt
26 oz. jarred low sodium pasta sauce
2 large zucchini, sliced, ¼-inch thick rounds
8 oz. no-boil whole wheat lasagna noodles
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms, peppers, onions and spinach. Cook 5 minutes, or until water evaporates. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In mixing bowl, mix cottage cheese, 2 cups mozzarella cheese and salt. Divide into 2 portions.
3. Grease slow cooker. Cover bottom with ⅓ of sauce and assemble as follows: single layer noodles, ⅓ of cooked vegetables, single layer zucchini, 1 portion of cottage cheese mixture, single layer of noodles. Repeat layering once in same order. Add layer of remaining sauce, cooked vegetables and zucchini.
4. Sprinkle ½ cup mozzarella cheese on top.
5. Cook on low for 5 hours or until noodles and zucchini are tender.
Slow Cooker Veggie Lasagna: Calories 490, Fat 16.32g, Protein 31.17g, Carbohydrate 50.81g, Fiber 4.64g, Cholesterol 51mg, Sodium 379mg, Calcium 614mg, Vitamin A 2696 IU, Vitamin C 39.07mg, Iron 2.88mg