- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco
- 2 teaspoons Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 plum tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 head of romaine lettuce chopped and washed
Preheat Grill. Place chicken breast in a mixing bowl with Tabasco, Jack Daniels, molasses, and kosher salt and toss well. Put chicken on grill, close lid, and cook for 5-7 minutes. Now toss the chopped celery in a bowl with the chopped onion, chopped plum tomato, fresh lime juice, crumbled blue cheese, and cilantro. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let cool slightly. Next chop the chicken into 1 inch pieces and toss in the bowl. Divide the chopped lettuce in 6 large salad bowls and top with the chicken salad.
Makes 6 servings.