- ¾ lb. ground pork, or substitute beef
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- ¾ cup onions, diced
- 2 tbsp. jalapeno peppers, minced finely
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup water or broth
- ½ cup shredded jack cheese
- 4 soft sandwich rolls, warmed
- Salt, black pepper and hot sauce to taste
- Heat a saute pan on medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil and ground pork.
Cook stirring until the meat is cooked through. Remove, reserving the oil in the pan.
In the same pan, add the onions, cook for about 2 minutes or until softened.
Add the jalapenos, cumin, coriander, tomato paste and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add the honey, vinegar and water.
Stir until smooth, adding more water as needed. Return the meat back to the pan, stir to coat evenly with the sauce and simmer until hot. Season to taste with salt, black pepper, and hot sauce.
Divide the meat mixture on warmed buns and top each with some shredded jack cheese.
Top with roll tops and enjoy!