- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup leeks, washed, split in half and sliced
- ½ cup onions, diced
- ¼ cup carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 can chick peas, approximately 16 oz. can, drained
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup fresh tomatoes, diced
- 4 tbsp. fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 4 tbsp. fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Heat a soup pot on medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, leeks, onions and carrots.
Cook, stirring for about 5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and thyme. Cook 30 seconds.
Add the chick peas and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
Puree to your desired consistency with a hand blender or potato masher.
If soup is too thin for your liking, bring back to a simmer and let it reduce until thickened. If soup is too thick for your liking, add more broth.
Stir in the tomatoes, parsley and Parmesan.
Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Enjoy!